Monday, May 17, 2010

Station still down

The necessary repairs are taking longer than we had hoped.

It turns out the device that ran everything at the station is the part that died.

As that part was over 15 years old we have been forced to upgrade to the current model.

Unfortunately this involves a whole new set of programming, so basically it is like starting the station from scratch again.

We will hopefully be installing the new device this week (May 17-22).

We are very sorry for the delay in getting back to updated readings.

8 comments:

Ryan said...

What does the station run on?

Frank said...

The station is powered by a solar cell that charges a battery if that is your question.

Unknown said...

Hi Frank,

I assume you've switched from a 10x to a CR1000. I've done some programming with the 1000s in if you need a hand... just ask.

Pete W

Kellie said...

Can't wait until you're back up! I can't believe how much I rely on you guys, now that you're not online for the past 2 and a half weeks. :)

Best of luck on the repairs being speedy and without incident.

j said...

Good luck getting it back up!
I just wanted to leave a message to say I really do appreciate the station when it's running! :)

Dave Hyde (IONWATER2) said...

Like the others said, best of luck getting this back up. I have my own small personal weather station and I miss comparing my readings against yours!

candyboxdigital said...

You're missed! Hope you're back up soon.

Mapleson said...

I haven't looked at the widget in a while now, but chuckled at the temperature of -7999°C it suggested.

Any word on v2.0?