Monday, June 7, 2010

Semi back to normal

I have taken the "beta" tag off of the website as we now think that the station is somewhat stable.

You may notice that we are using the precipitation gauge that only gives us the 1 hour readings and there are no pressure readings.

I should been better at only putting readings on the station that came from stable instruments, for example, the lack of updated precipitation although it was on the website.

I apologize for the confusion this created last week when it was raining and nothing was showing.

In the future I will do my best to only display readings from instruments that we have confidence in.

But note that the archive will contain all the readings as that's just the way we roll here at the UW weather station.

5 comments:

Kellie said...

So... one more thing that's a bit awry. I swear I'm trying to help, not criticize. :)

The precipitation GRAPH on the Weather Graphs page does not seem to be communicating with the rain gauge; likewise, the barometric pressure graph is still there showing 86 kPa of pressure. Not sure what you want to do, but again, just trying to let you know of things I see that you might not have! :)

Anonymous said...

you are great! thanks for fixing everything this site is super helpful.

Dave said...

I use the mobile version of the site, and have noticed that the Precipitation area only reads zeroes. I know there were issues on the main site, and was wondering if anyone knew this was a problem?

Frank said...

Re: mobile version

Yes I changed the main site but forgot about the mobile version (didn't really know if anybody was actually using it).

I have now changed the mobile version to reflect the current precipitation.

Frank said...

re: precipitation Graph

I haven't been able to figure out what the heck is wrong with it, but it is lower down on the priority list.