Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What did you think of the summer of 2010?

As summer is coming to end next week it is time for the end of summer poll.

If it is before September 22nd you can vote at the top of the UW weather station blog in the five standard categories:

Great (I loved every day of the hot weather)

Good (A few more cool days in July and August would have been nice)

OK (A little too much heat, but I'll take it over the cold)

Bad (My air conditioner got a workout)

Terrible (Way too hot, I never wanted to go outside)

4 comments:

Robb said...

Summer was great but what happened to September? It was as if the calendar jumped from mid-summer to October. The last month of "summer" sure hasn't felt like summer.

ve3zup said...

I'm one of those unfortunates who have a terrible time with the heat. This summer was very challenging for me. Many outdoor projects weren't finished. On the plus side, the extra portions of Brick beer to sooth my soul, were excellent.

Thank goodness the weather has improved. In fact, the past couple of weeks, have been wonderful!

Ken Breadner said...

Echoing Rick, I hate heat, so this summer was unbearable. Not as bad as two years ago (or was it three?), but bad.
And for those of you who say "love the heat, hate the humidity"...no. Nobody complains if it's 10 or 15 with 100% humidity, ergo the humidity isn't the issue.
September has been wonderful. Actually comfortable.

Cincinnatus C. said...

... but on the other hand, nobody complains when it's 15 degrees and the dewpoint is 22 because that's impossible.

If you consider dewpoint, which I think is much more useful for most intents and purposes, rather than RH, then it's impossible for it to be really humid without it being hot. (And, in fact, people don't generally say it's "humid" when the temperature is below normal summer levels and the RH is high; they generally say it's "damp".)

I like this a lot:

http://weather.uwaterloo.ca/info.html#Dew_point