Friday, October 10, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend 2008

Pre-weekend post:

It doesn't look like this Thanksgiving weekend is going to be as nice as last year's when the average temperature was around 27°C and we got to 30°C on the Monday.

However, if we get to the mid-twenties it will still be 10 degrees warmer than the average for this time of year and there is no rain in the forecast, so that's not too bad.

After-weekend post:

I don't think there can be any complaints about the Thanksgiving weekend, the average temperature was around 24°C and no rain to be seen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like radio announcers and weather people to stop saying that this is nice weather.

30 deg C with 60% RH (dew pt 21.3) as was last Thanksgiving weekend, is not NICE. It is very uncomfortable and if everyone liked it there would be no need for air conditioners.

Nothing annoys me more than the radio people saying this is going to be a great day with those temperatures. It's NOT!

The summer 2008 poll says 51% liked the past summer, that's because it wasn't that hot & humid.

Frank said...

Point well taken.

I will think about this when making future subjective comments on the weather.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of hot & humid either. Rather it be cool & crisp for Oktoberfest. However, I don't mind hearing from those liking the H&H. It's all part of our diversity. And besides, everything is subjective.

Anonymous said...

Frank - I believe the max of 26.5 C set on Thanksgiving Monday at Waterloo International Airport was a new record maximum for 13-Oct. Keep up the great work - while I understand not everyone loves very warm or hot weather, I certainly do and welcomed this weekend's warm air and sunshine with open arms!